Welcome to FirstFridayHawaii.com - First Friday Art Walk - Downtown - Chinatown - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Featured Item This Hour Featured Downtown Chinatown Honolulu Master Pages
- ART, LEARN & PLAY - Art, Art Galleries, Museums, Entertainment & Activities
Learn, explore and deepen your understanding of and many other great topics/subjects. Trust us, you will never run out of fun things to check out and do in Downtown - Chinatown, Honolulu Hawaii. We want to keep you entertained with activities you can do while in Downtown - Chinatown, Honolulu Hawaii. More...
- Next hourly featured item update scheduled at: 5/27/2018 - 5:40am
- New profiles :: Past profiles of the month :: Profiles of the Month
- FIRST FRIDAY DETAILS - JUNE 2018 HONOLULU ART WALK - CALENDAR - 6pm - 9pm
FIRST FRIDAY DETAILS
Monthly updates are finalized/published 2 days before each First Friday (8pm-11pm).
- Hawaii State Foundation On Culture and The Arts MAY 2018 Newsletter
The Hawai'i State Art Museum is dedicated to presenting the largest and finest collection of works by Hawai'i artists that celebrate the diverse artistic and cultural legacy of Hawai'i.
In This Issue
- It's Your Art: Nānākuli Public Library
- Art in Public Places: Art at the Capitol
- Arts, Music, and Culture Calendar
- HiSAM Event Calendar
- Holiday Schedule
- Job Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Mayor's Office Of Culture & The Arts Honolulu (MOCA) Newsletters MAY 2018 - FEATURED EXHIBITS/EVENTS
The mission of MOCA is to promote the value of arts and culture throughout communities in the City and County of Honolulu. MOCA's objectives are to attain per-eminence in culture and the arts; to perpetuate the artistic and cultural heritages of its entire people; to promote a community environment, which provides equal and abundant opportunity for exposure to culture and the arts in all its forms; and to encourage and provide equal opportunity for the development of culture and the artistic talents of the people of Honolulu.
- Plein Air Painting on Location with Mark N. Brown (12 Week Oil/Acrylic Art Class - Honolulu, Hawaii) - Summer Art Class 2018
If you're ready to take your art to a higher level. Let island scenery inspire you. Paint as a group at Oahu's beaches, mountains, and parks. Come prepared to paint at the first meeting, when later locations are announced. Students show their work in a group art show at the end of class, time and place to be determined. Course covers basic acrylic or oil painting for beginning to advanced students. Students provide their own transportation to painting locations.
- Hawaii Theatre - COMING MAY 2018 EVENTS
Proclaimed as the "Pride of the Pacific," the beautiful Hawaii Theatre, built by the Consolidated Amusement Company, opened its doors September 6, 1922 in downtown Honolulu.
- Hawaii State Art Museum - NEW EXHIBIT -YOUNG ARTISTS OF HAWAII 2018 (MAY 4-JUNE 29, 2018)
The Young Artists of Hawaii is an annual student art exhibition that recognizes creative excellence among Hawaii's public and private school students in grades Kindergarten through sixth grade.
- 5/4/2018 - Hawaii State Art Museum First Friday: Nidaime Teishin Kai Okinawan Folk Music - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Family-friendly evening of art and music at HiSAM! Nidaime Teishin Kai, Okinawan folk music. This music group specializes in traditional Okinawan folk music, such as “Asadoya Yunta” and “Tinsagu” nu Hana, which are two songs that are very representative of their style of music.They perform a range of songs from upbeat songs that encourage spontaneous dancing (like kachashi) to slow, melodic love songs. Multiple art exhibits.
- 5/4/2018 - Ong King: 1st Friday -May the First Friday be with you! - 7:30pm - 2am
Another First Friday is Upon us. Come on down to heart of Honolulu to join in the festivities.... Kava will be flowing, the music will be bumpin', and the dance floor will be filled with flow arts. Show up for the art, and stay to dance the night away.
- 5/4/2018 - First Friday at Downbeat - Foundation Meets Dancehall - 5-2am
Pressure Down Sounds and Rudies Hi-Fi spin strictly-vinyl all-night reggae grooves for First Friday at Downbeat Lounge. Vintage wax mixes of dancehall, ska, rocksteady and more by guest selectors, Zion Coptic Sounds, Bonafide Sound and Irie-Sistable
- 5/4/2018 - The Arts At Marks Garage First Friday - Dot | Line | Color 12th Annual MAMo Awardees Art Exhibition - 6 -10pm
Featuring MAMo 2018 Awardees Charlie Dickson and Verna Apio-Takashima. Curated by Ngahiraka Mason, the exhibition celebrates contemporary art through Hawaiian kapa and European painting.
- 5/4/2018 - The Naughty Vegan Studio First Friday - May 2018 - Tattoos - Art Gallery - Yoga - FEATURING IMAGES BY MARIA LIEBER - 7PM - 10PM
Join us. Vegan food, music and fun - ALL FOR FREE - Welcome to Honolulus number one vegan friendly tattoo parlour. The Naughty Vegan Studio is a place where those who share this passion can unite to help the animals, the Earth, ourselves, and the oppressed.
- 5/4/2018 - HiSAM Gallery Shop x MORI by Art+Flea - First Friday ArtInTime Opening - 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Join us for First Friday May 4th for the exciting opening of ArtInTime! Over 50 invited artists gave their imaginations free reign in transforming identical small metal boxes into singular expressions of creativity.
- 5/4/2018 - First Friday at Madre Chocolate - The Flowers of May First Friday - 6:00pm - 10:30pm
May is upon us! we are celebrating with spices, and flavors from around the world to create fresh tastes, rich music, and an experience you won't forget! Come, share the locally made Chocolate We have vast array of endorphin releasing creations - to tantalize your taste buds, excite your ears, Stimulation for your eyes as well... and of course your favorite flavors of Cacao, Hot Chocolate, and Freshly brewed Vanuatu Kava.
- First Friday Featured Pages
Artist, galleries, maps, parking, shopping, restaurants and much more. More...
About First Friday Honolulu Art Walk - FirstFridayHawaii.com
Come join us for the most exciting event to hit downtown Honolulu (Chinatown area) from 5 p.m to 9 p,m on the first Friday of every month! Chinatown is the place to be if you want to join the hip crowds at the many unique galleries, boutiques, bars, cafes and restaurants that feature exciting art exhibits, events, activities and free entertainment.
It is Ernest Abrams/MacBusiness Consulting and this Web Site's mission to make FirstFridayHawaii.com a great FREE resource for merchants, artists and the Hawaii community. More...
First Friday Honolulu Art Walk Newsletters Archive
View our newsletter archive First Friday Hawaii news, events, sponsor offers and much more More...
- Current Events and Exhibits Calendar
Check out upcoming exhibits, shows and events for the next First Friday. More...
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more! More...
- Profiles Of The Month - MAY 2018
View profiles of the month and previous profiles of the month on First Friday Hawaii.Com.
- The ARTS At Marks Garage
- The Naughty Vegan Studio - Tattoos - Art Gallery - Yoga
- The Dragon Upstairs
- Association of Hawaii Artists
- Dennis Mathewson of Cosmic Airbrush
- Pacific Gateway Center
- Maps - First Friday Honolulu Gallery Walk Interactive Maps
check out our new interactive maps of events, art galleries, restaurants, parking More...
- Artists and Art Associations
Artists, Associations, Societies More...
- Restaurants, Bars, Clubs And Cafes
While walking along the streets of Chinatown and Downtown, apart from the abundance of great talent, you will also notice that there are a lot of appetizing and enticing places to check out. More...
- Galleries, Museums and Entertainment
Galleries, Museums, Entertainment and Theaters Art Venues More...
- Shopping and Stores
Boutiques, Shops and Other Art, Other Businesses, Art Supplies and Resources More...
- New Listings
See the latest additions to the First Friday website listings. More...
- Free Stuff
Free Giveaways and Sweepstakes from the First Friday community More...
- Play Background Music
Listen to great tracks from Shawn Livingston and Double-O-Spot while you browse the website More...
Where to park when you go to First Friday More...
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
First Friday Hawaii Art Gallery Walk Newsletter May 2018
Newsletter goes out via Email the day before each First Friday. Join the Email List. Special offers, art news, Downtown/Chinatown news and more. More...
Big City Diner Discounts and Coupons
Great Weekly Specials At Big City Diner! Served Monday to Friday During Lunch & Dinner.
Midas Hawaii Coupon, Discount, Promotions
Get Midas Hawaii coupons and discounts on trusted Midas services. Oil changes, auto repair, tire repair, brakes and more.
- First Friday News
Keep up with the latest news from the First Friday community - special events, calendars, Downtown/Chinatown news, art news and much more!
Honolulu Real Estate
Premiere resource for buying and selling Honolulu real estate - Honolulu - Oahu - Hawaii.
First Friday Honolulu Art Walk Website Directory Photo Gallery - Downtown Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii
Come join us for the most exciting event to hit downtown Honolulu on the first Friday of every month! Chinatown is the place to be if you want to join the hip crowds at the many unique galleries, boutiques, cafes and restaurants that feature exciting art exhibits and free entertainment. Come to see the main events between 5 and 9 pm, and stay for the late night party at some of the trendiest, most popular bars in Honolulu. Hope to see you there!
- Midas Hawaii Launches Car Care Club Membership Program
Midas Hawaii is proud to announce the launch of our Car Care Club loyalty program.
Midas Hawaii Car Care Club program is our exclusive annual membership program. This program is a great way for customers to save money, get free services, get priority support, special offers, a membership card and more.
- The Perfect Tee Plastic Golf Tee Advantages and Features Video
Video commercial on the advantages of Perfect Tee plastic golf tee. With the Perfect Tee, plastic golf tee, you can hit Straighter, more accurate, and longer drives!
- Hawaiian Gold Jewelry Discount 39% Sale Off Entire Website!
Hawaii Gold Jewelry .com Sale has been has been launched . Take advantage of the great opportunity. Hawaiian Gold Jewelry..made in Hawaii. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and free Shipping.!
- 202 Downtown - Chinatown Condos for Sale Map and Listings - 96813 Zip code - Honolulu Real Estate - Updated 5/26/2018
Downtown / Chinatown condos for sale. View interactive geographical map of condos for sale in Downtown / Chinatown - Honolulu, Hawaii. Photos, description, and much more.